Hey All! My family and I just took a trip out to wine country a few weeks ago to celebrate ME turning the “dirty thirty” 🙂 I could not have imagined a better way to celebrate such a momentous birthday – the only thing that could have taken it to the next level would have been for some of my faves (ahem, Zapaliks) to be there. Fortunately we will definitely be back to this amazingly special place and they will for sure be on the rooster 🙂
I’m going to leave all the minute by minute details of our trip out of this post as it would take me days to write it and also, there is so much information out there on the web that really truly does it justice, I would just be reiterating what so many other folks have already shared….
So, I’m going to share my favorites as I truly think that no matter where you go, each individual always has their own unique experience and you can not have a bad time 🙂
To start, we spent all our time in Napa but can.not.wait to go back and explore Sonoma 🙂
1. Sterling – The views at this winery were magical, honestly I could not have dreamed a more picture perfect view of Napa. The folks here were welcoming and fun – we probably could have stayed all day out on their terrace sipping delicious wine but then we wouldn’t have been able to see the other amazing wineries 🙂
2. Pride – While the trip up Spring Mountain was no walk in the park it was so worth it. The views were spectacular, our tour guide Jay was amazing and we wrapped it up with a picnic lunch overlooking views that went on forever, ah living the dream 🙂
3. Cliff Ledde – Such a fantastic place with the most kind man name Tom. He truly is so passionate about wine and the making of wine. I was quite tipsy at this point but I remember just sitting there hanging out with the best people in my life, sharing wine, sharing laughter. It was a highlight of the trip for me.
4. Castello di Amorosa – This was our first stop and I’m not sure if it was just that we were all on a exhilarating high of being in Napa or because this place was a freaking castle but it was wonderful and totally set the tone for the rest of the trip 🙂
1. Mustard’s Grill – two words. Pork Chops. If you find yourself in Napa and are lucky enough to score a seat here, trust me, just order the pork chops – no menu skimming necessary.
2. Ad Hoc – Such an amazing place when you have a large group, that are celebrating and have been wine tasting all day, ha. loved. every. minute. Just thinking about it is making me smile 🙂
3. Deli’s around the area – You pretty much can’t go wrong at any deli/grocery deli in the area. All were serving up deliciously fresh sandwiches, meats and cheeses.
4. Rutherford Grill – Last dinner of the trip. This place was known for two things, ribs and prime rib sandwich – obviously we all got both 🙂 SO GOOD!
PICS! I totally thought I took more, grrr….I also did not get a shot of the whole group so sorry Aunt Nean, Uncle Dwayne and Matt who are missing in this post 😦
Me and my love – their bubbly was muuummm good.
Barrels and Barrels of wine
Views at Sterling
We’re happy people
Part of the group
Ladies who drink wine 🙂