Avocados? Check. Deliciously baked chicken? Duh. Avocado Chicken Salad? Yes please. Okay so I’m sure y’all have seen the pin on Pinterest for the avocado egg salad – I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it at least 100 times and probably pinned it twice 🙂 Well this was sort of inspired by that pin as I just remembered there was a thing called Pinterest today…..What? Did I just say, “I just remembered Pinterest existed”!?!? I probably wouldn’t be so dramatic but I really can’t remember the last time I mindlessly scrolled through pin after pin after pin. I seriously just don’t have the hours in my day to dedicate (pity party for me :(). This weekend was a different story as the hours to waste away pinning recipes I’ll probably never make and outfits I probably couldn’t afford were definitely available and well lets face it, well spent. Reunited and it feels so good, Pinterest 🙂
This chicken salad was thrown together so quickly that I don’t even remember how much I used of everything. Definitely how most of my dishes come together, a little bit of this, a little bit of that 🙂
Anywho, basically, here’s what I did:
- Seasoned two chicken breast (sliced like tenders) with salt, pepper, seasoning salt, thyme and olive oil.
- Roasted in a 350 degree oven until it was done (no pink in the middle).
- Once chicken is cooled, I just used my fingers to pull apart.
- Next, I chopped up some leftover peppers and onions in the food processor. It pretty much consisted of ¼ a sweet onion and 3 small orange peppers.
- Now for the dressing – 1 avocado, ¼ cup of miracle whip, ¼ cup of greek yogurt and 2 ish tablespoons of garlic mustard aoli ran through the food processor for about 30 seconds (I also drizzled in some lemon juice for flavor and to avoid the avocado from turning brown 🙂 )
- Mixed in with chicken, onion and peppers, sprinkled in some almond slices (I used the honey roasted ones from Trader Joes, YUM).
And done. So good, relatively simple.