50th Post, what?!?! That probably doesn’t seem like a big deal as I’m the amateur in this whole blogging world. I’m quite sure that those who follow me do it out of pity (I love you all dearly….all 25 of you?). But I decided a long time ago that I’m doing this blog thing for ME! While I go about my average day-to-day life, this is the place where I get to live out my dreams and for that I am truly grateful.
What I’m also grateful for? A solid breakfast sandwich 🙂
While most of my mornings are spent with the ol’ avocado toast or steel cut oat’s breakfast, doin it up with something like this puts a pep in my step!
This sammie was inspired by one of the food trucks who frequents my work building, Eastman’s Egg Company.
While I’m not one to toot my own horn, toot toot because this deliciousness is da’ bomb.
Turkey Kale Breakfast Sandwich (on a Pretzel Roll of course)
Here I go again with one of my shady recipes – sorry guys, I’m just not one to write down exact measurements!
Serving: One Sandwich
What you’ll need:
- 1 pretzel roll
- 2 slices of turkey from the deli
- 1 slice of cheese (I used Gouda)
- Scrambled egg of some sort (I baked my eggs in the oven as I was making these for 8 people) – explanation below
- Sauteed Kale in sweet onion
- Spiced Honey Mustard Sauce (I used a honey mustard sauce from the store and spiced it up – taste testing at it’s best)
Now for the assembly:
- pretzel roll bottom, scrambled egg, turkey, sauteed Kale, cheese
- Baked in the oven (450 degrees) until melted
- While cheese was melting I toasted to top of the roll on a buttered skillet
- Covered the toasted top with mustard sauce
- Top + bottom = heaven
**Scrambled eggs in oven: whisk eggs in a bowl per usual (I add some milk and spices such as salt/pepper, garlic and seasoning salt). Pour into a deep baking sheet that’s been greased. Bake in a 450 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes. This method is best when making sandwiches for 8-10 people.